previous_project next_project 

Plessow Manor House Project

The current education center of the Federal Revenue Administration was originally built as a Brandenburg manor for the Rochow family in 1780. After being plundered and destroyed in war, the facilities were used by the Customs Administration until the 1990’s.

Restoration began in 2000, under the direction of the State Office for Historical Preservation. An exceptional color concept was developed based on historical precedent. Modern materials were used to supplement the historical elements.
The original ballroom, a high, spacious room with stucco ornamentation, used presently as a conference room, is the heart of the manor. Its modern technical equipment is hardly visible. Mawa Design installed a glazed lighting system, with variable scene lighting over the conference table seating more than 40 people. The two satin-finished glass sheets, each more than 3.300 mm in length and 760 mm in width, are custom constructed from ESG (single pane safety glass) to VSG (laminated safety glass). Until now, the conventional manufacturing process limited length to a maximum of 3.000 mm.

The light source, surrounded by individually perforated sheet metal (190.000 perforations for each light), distributes light on all sides in a predetermined way. The two extremely flat, glazed “light ships” float in the room and are operated by a lighting control system.

Scope of Work

  • 2 lighting systems: 10x T5/ 54W analog dimmable
  • 4x TC-SEL, 9W 2G7
  • 4x GU10 50W halogen up-light

Photography

  • Mawa Design GmbH
Diese Seite druckenDiese Seite per E-Mail sendenDiese Seite im Browser speichernDiese Seite auf Facebook teilenDiese Seite auf Twitter veröffentlichenDiese Seite auf Mister Wong speichernDiese Seite auf Google speichern

Schloss Plessow 01

Schloss Plessow 02

© 2017 mawa design | WEEE-Reg.-Nr: DE 945 963 57